Thursday 9 October 2008

Forget about Violence, I'd rather be cool - Wretchrospective


Couple weeks ago Wretch and the rest of the Alwayz Recording family were in my bits (South London) filming the music video for the first single, Be Cool off his new album. Obviously I had to pass down and support the UK Music Scene and it seemed a lot of artists had the same idea. I bumped into Ghetts, Chipmunk, Ace & Vis, Bashy & Scorcher to name a few, and had a very interesting conversation with Scorcher on girls in music videos and life in general.

Now I first saw Wretch perform a couple years ago in Brick Lane at an event my boy Zeon organised and he perfomed 'Punctuation' and from then he's never failed to let me down with his lyrics or beats. Be Cool lives up to Wretch's high standards and his lyrical genius and catchy hooks are what makes him one of my favourite grime artists today.



The album's been pushed back a week due to distribution problems but that hasn't stopped the buzz on the streets and trust me, next week I will be at HMV in my headscarf and pyjamas at 9:00am to buy it.

I can't wait for the video to drop either. Need to see if I passed as one of the 'man dem' and made the final cut...!

Wretchrospective out Monday 13th October - BUY IT!

No comments: